Friday, June 1, 2012

Finished projects and a win!

I have been working on several projects simultaneously, not my usual way of working, but it has been interesting. During my tantrum break from my Jack quilt I finished up a couple of other projects.

The first is my "Apples for Isia" quilt. I have been gathering pieces of Aneela Hoey's "Little Apples" line for months. I haven't had a clear plan for them, I just knew that they needed to come home with me. The problem with that was that they were just too sweet to leave in the closet. I felt guilty about the fact that I was the only one who could love on them and knew they needed a real home. A full post is coming later with pictures of where they ended up.

The next was a neat little project. I had been commissioned to make a little dress for a friend's little girl. I found a wonderful tutorial for a shirred twirly dress at From an Igloo's blog and decided this would be a perfect dress for Sydney.


I used some beautiful "Queen Street" fabric that I had and bought some pink for the ribbon and trim. She could not look sweeter in it and was so excited to put it on that as soon as she saw it she began taking off her clothes to change! 


Also - the big news this week was that I won a bundle of Bella from the French Seam!!!! I picked it up on Wednesday before I went and got two cavities filled (good job I went to the store first - I was totally numb and drooling after). Look at the pretties!

I already have a plan for it. Of course.




No comments:

Post a Comment