Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Two weeks on

The productivity continued! It is incredible what I can get done when I am not in school. Two big projects got finished this fortnight and one got returned to.

First the return:


Jack and I had a little fight. It started out so beautifully, once I got the pattern figured out the blocks were large and came together easily. I worked on the blocks during the Indy Modern Quilt Guild retreat in March and got all but one of these done in a weekend. I was so flushed with accomplishment that I wanted to get the top done as fast as possible and whacked the sashing and borders on without pinning. That was a mistake. Fast = problems.
Ignore the bunny rabbit and focus on the border. It is so friendly that it just keeps waving. *#^@! 


So this happened.


And this.

*sigh*
Then there was lots of measuring, pinning and cursing at my stupidity. It does look so much better now and it was truly worth the time but this is not something I plan to make a habit of. I should get the quilting done this week but I am not going to hurry this time.

I have a tendency to want to get things done fast and feel like I am superwoman, but why should I hurry with something that I do for fun? I worry that I will hurry through life and forget to enjoy the moments - that I will always be looking for the next thing. I love a finished project, who doesn't, but that isn't why I do this. Sometimes it is good to be reminded.

No comments:

Post a Comment