Sunday, June 17, 2012

Jack!

Big, big finish last week! Jack and I kissed and made up and I got quilting.


I am beyond thrilled with the way that this project turned out. It is hard to tell from this picture but this is a big mamajamma quilt. I wasn't sure what to do for the quilting. I wanted something that would work with the angles in the blocks but that wouldn't be too fiddly to work on. I decided to quilt in diamonds and I love the way it worked out. I moved the couch and coffee table to tape out the lines and after the taping was done it was surprisingly fast to do.


I used a plain Kona Coal grey for the back but laid in a row of blocks for interest. I loved this fabric but it made me crazy at the same time. It is the London Underground map, however it isn't accurate! 


The designers chose to make the map repeats flow together instead of have a clear definition so they have extended lines and moved stations. I am a little too purist for that so there was a lot of fussy cutting that happened to make it as close as possible to the authentic map.


The above photo makes me believe that my photography skills are improving too. Although even a blind pig finds an acorn sometimes.


Jack is now happily living on my Mum and Dad's spare bed, a thank you present for everything they do for John and me on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment